||This website has been designed Accessibility-friendly!
The COPD Patients Leadership
Council, comprised of leaders of support groups of all levels,
is designed to provide a forum for the leadership of ALL COPD
support groups to work together for the benefit of the COPD
patient. The Council is set up to recognize that each group has
it's specific place, be it educational, political, advocacy,
support or rehabilitation.
It is our firm goal that each group
(both offline and online) can work together in harmony. By so
doing, we will be able to assist all groups in their separate goals of
helping the COPDer have a better quality of life.
All visitors are welcome to browse the following:
- The Members Directory, which is divided into 2
categories, provides an overview of each group and the services
- The National & International Directory lists the larger
support groups. These groups are usually Internet
accessible, and often are multinational in their scope.
- The Local & Regional Directory lists support groups. Though
smaller in size, these groups often offer weekly or monthly
gatherings and an opportunity to gain local contacts. The
may also have Internet accessibility.
- The Calendar of Events lists all special COPD related
events such as conferences, regional, national and international
meetings, seminars, educational days etc. For
local "ongoing" events such as meetings and lunches etc, please
refer to the information provided by the local support group which
can be found in the Members Directory.
- The Speakers Directory lists individuals who
are available to speak to groups of all sizes about COPD and some
of its related issues. Raising public awareness, increasing
the role of Patient Support groups and helping slow the increase
in numbers of those afflicted with this disease through education
and example can be accomplished by "spreading the word" at such
- Support groups at local hospitals
- Large nursing homes and care centers
- Clubs and Organizations that are looking for speakers
- Business clubs
- Social clubs
- Seniors clubs
- Youth organizations
- Better Breathing Clubs
For the COPD support group:
- The Members Area includes:
- An Email List-server which provides an email resource to
keep all members current on COPD related matters.
- Listing in the members directory with comprehensive
information for the COPD Patient about the support each
- A plain (white) copy of the Events
Calendar which can be embedded into member's website to
help increase knowledge and awareness.
The COPD Foundation sponsors this
site to promote a sense of unity: that we may all work together for
of all COPD Patients.
Check here for all
the latest COPD
Latest Event News